Sunday, March 6, 2011

The big chair reveal

Remember the little chair I rescued from a trash pile not too long ago? Well, she's ready for her close-up. Just as a refresher, here's the "before: shot:



 After two cans of gloss black spray paint and some stapling, this the "after":


Ooh, ahh!
 
The gratuitous close-up

The fabric I went with is Annie Selke's Links in Slate. I bought it online from HouseFabric.com here. For this project, I decided the "links" would look better running vertically to mirror the openings on the chair back. Isn't it lovely? I am very pleased with the makeover.

Don't forget to scout the curbs on trash day. You never know what you might find!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I love how you used a fabric with a pattern that sort of repeats the look of the spindles in the back of the chair. The color is great too, looks more modern now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete