Thursday, June 25, 2009

Painted wood is good, Part I

I like painted floors. Not only can they go from cottage chic to sophisticated, crisp white to graphic patterns, they also hide less-than-perfect floors. This is particularly appealing to me since I've got some less-than-perfect parquet in my office/art room. Have been mulling over the following photos for inspiration. Feast your eyes on these:

photo from Southern Living

via The Estate of Things (Checkerboard seems to be a popular choice.)

photo via decorology

photo from Traditional Home

photo from the no longer published Cottage Living

photo from the no longer published Cottage Living

photo from the no longer published Cottage Living

photo from the no longer published Cottage Living (bonus points for the dog on the bed)

photo from House Beautiful via Shop Talk

from craftartjonee's flickr photostream

from didurkes' flickr photostream

And to aid in any DIY efforts you may be considering, there's a great article about painting floors at by Tim Carter at his Ask The Builder site.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I love this, I LOVE THIS! I'm so doing this to my nasty kitchen floor... TY!

    ReplyDelete