Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A recap of the last 48 hours

  • In an effort to introduce some contrasting color to the living room, I've been auditioning a new pillow and have determined that it pleases me.

  • After careful contemplation I determined, "What use don't I have for a 28" x 32" wooden wall plaque shaped like an urn?"
note new bamboo floor
  • Upon returning home from procuring the aforementioned urn-shaped wooden wall plaque at Tuesday Morning, I discovered that one of the dogs had managed to score a fleur de sel caramel (maybe more than one) from the dish on the console table and enjoyed it on the sofa. Since I did not witness the incident first-hand, I was forced to discipline both dogs then set about the task of picking shredded wrapper pieces from between the cushions and scrubbing at the sticky caramel remains. Grr.

  • The dogs like their new bed — also from Tuesday Morning. So much so that apparently they didn't want to mess it up by eating caramels on it. Killing stuffed squirrels is another matter entirely.

  1. Ants! Last night we washed out the hummingbird feeders (We have had hummingbirds again this year!) and put them in the dish drainer to dry. This morning? Ant infestation. I am by no means a hater of insects, but I don't want the little buggers in my kitchen. I read recently that cinnamon is a natural ant deterrent. For the sake of the environment (local and global) I'm generally in favor of trying natural, or at least not-too-chemically solutions first for household issues such as this. I began sprinkling, then realized there was probably no way to sprinkle cinnamon up the wall. That's when I broke out the ant traps. I still feel like they're crawling on me...

1 comment:

  1. that's a cool urn. nothing like a good Tuesday morning deal...

    ReplyDelete