Friday, August 14, 2009

Best in Show

For some reason this morning my boyfriend and I started talking about our favorite varieties of cats. Later on, curiosity led me to the Cat Fancier's Association website where I enjoyed some of the photos so much I wanted to share them. But since doing a post solely about cats seemed a bit too off-topic, I thought I'd imagine what chair would be most suited to each one for their lounging pleasure. Cats do love to lounge, after all. So if you'll kindly indulge this eccentric little voyage, here's what I came up with...

Abyssinian
+

Kartell Mademoiselle D&G Chair




Japanese Bobtail
+
Pottery Barn Brooks Slipcovered Chair in Bettina



Singapura
+
IKEA Stockholm Easy Chair in Blad Brown

I have this chair and the curtains that match in my chocolate brown den. I don't have the cat.



Oriental
+
Anthropologie Astrid Chair in Naive Tropical



Sphynx
+
Room & Board Loring Chair in Slate Velvet

No cat hair on the velvet! Genius.


Cornish Rex
+
Urban Outfitters Lulu Chair in Red Pepper



Siamese
+
Anthropologie Cleo Chair in Polly

Reminds me of the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp stalking the pet bird and fish.



Devon Rex
+
Jacobsen Egg Chair

Bet you thought I'd put the Sphynx on the Egg Chair for the whole Dr. Evil theme. Nope, too cliché. I think this cat belongs on it. One of his eyes matches!

This experiment has confirmed what I already suspected to be true: I like my pets more angular and pointy than round and cuddly. I'll round this up with of my pets on a chair:


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment