Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fabrics to love at Calico Corners

The birthday is over, the Anthropologie gift card has been spent (15% discount applied, thank you) and now it's back to business — and by business I mean wandering around the web coveting pretty decor-related things.

In addition to the slipcover book I got recently, I've been semi-obsessed with the idea of learning upholstery for a while now. Unfortunately that obsession didn't spur me on to do anything about it until recently. I guess all things in good time, right? Anyhow, I started with a Google search for any classes available locally which turned up zilch. Then I sent away for info on a sort of correspondence course in upholstery. I am as yet undecided on the school option, I thought it wouldn't hurt to order a book or two from Amazon.

In the meantime, I think I'll draw inspiration from some of the fantastic fabrics available from Calico Corners. If you're any kind of a fiber-holic or a pattern addict (I am both) check 'em out. Here are a few patterns of note:

La Mare in Summer – $17.99/yard

Fabriano in Cocktail – $27.99/yard
I think this one has a Josef Frank vibe to it. I approve.


Mandarin in Summertime – $17.99/yard

Dahlia in Aegean – $20.99/yard (in stores only)

Stockholm in Sungold – $23.99/yard

Aviary in Tangerine – $23.99 (in stores only)
I'm pretty sure I dig most things by Thomas Paul.


Is it just me, or do these make you want to pick up a staple gun too?

5 comments:

  1. Dear Emily,
    Love your graphic fabric selections from Calico Corners! There are some other striking patterns shown in the photo of their All About Orange group. In case you haven't seen it, here's the link: http://www.calicocorners.com/category/landingpage/allaboutorangefabrics.do
    Best,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a staple gun! The last one in particular makes me giddy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Jan! The All About Orange group is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, could you be a Thomas Paul fan too? :)

    Check out his dinnerware:

    http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/plates-trays-c-750.html

    I think one of your culinary masterpieces would look lovely plated up on an Aviary dinner plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am, I am. Apart from the Gothic dinner plates, the others are just too darned pretty to eat off of. Oh duh, you did say Aviary. Am not familiar with that pattern so must check out.

    ReplyDelete