Monday, July 13, 2009

A paint dilemma

I need some help with a paint dilemma that's been vexing me. It involves the fireplace wall in our living room, which is painted a sort of chartreuse-y green color. It's the only wall in the house we didn't repaint after we moved in two years ago because I loved how the white brick fireplace pops off that color. Here's a photo:

Please try to ignore the fact that the lucite table is askew. How embarrassing.

But about the thing I need help with... There was a ginormous unsightly anchor embedded in the wall, which you can sort of see in the photo right above the painting. I think at one point the previous owners may have been displaying the huge stone ball from Raiders of the Lost Ark. That would explain the size of the anchor.


But I digress. After two years in the house I finally decided I could live with the aforementioned unsightly wall anchor no more, so I pulled it out and patched the wall, fully confident that there was a can of that paint color sitting out in the carport. Well, there wasn't. So now I have do something about the unsightly white patch mark where the anchor used to be.

My boyfriend has recently revealed that he's somewhat lukewarm about the green. I still like it, but I'm not opposed to change. So my question is this: Do I just try to match the current color or do I experiment with something completely different? My curtains are blue (like the blue in the painting on the mantel) and my accessories are blue and that green. The sofa is beige, and other furniture is either white, black or wood. The rug is jute and the floor is currently maple-ish colored laminate, but that has to be replaced very soon and I was leaning toward something significantly darker.

Interestingly enough, someone over at Benjamin Moore seems to share my aesthetic.


Definitely wishing I had that Noguchi coffee table in my living room! Love the black wall but I'm not confident I could pull it off. If anyone out there has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Go for something new! Dark blue or brown could be fun. I do really like the current green, but new could be fun, esp if Eric isn't partial to green. How can one not love green though???

    ReplyDelete