Thursday, July 30, 2009

Slacker

Okay, I admit it. I'm a slacker. I've been caught up in preparations for what will no doubt be an action-packed birthday weekend, starting tomorrow with a gal's getaway at a beach resort. Now that the bustling about has stopped and items like a swimsuit cover-up and SPF 1000 sunblock have been obtained, I realize I've been remiss in my blogging.

My sincerest apologies! In honor of my slacker-tude of late, here's a glimpse at a recent home decor trend of the plaid variety.


Not sure I'm completely sold on the above items just yet. I'm sure all you fellow Gen X'ers out there remember the plaid shirt phenomenon of the early nineties well enough. So here's my (very) loose tribute to the checked flannels of the Seattle grunge scene.

Monogrammed melamine plates, $22 each at laplates.com (found via Country Living)

Cute, no? Okay, okay...so they're gingham. That's a type of plaid, isn't it? Well maybe not, but you don't really want plates adorned with patterns á la Curt Cobain, do you? Unless you're furnishing your kitchy cabin in the North Carolina mountains.

If this pattern doesn't tickle your fancy, there are plenty more to choose from on the La Plates website. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for monograms. Could have something to do with my love of typography, or the recessive preppy gene that I think must have come from my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment