Sunday, July 19, 2009

A quick pick-me-up

Have some tired old shelves? Paint the back of 'em for contrast. The result? Fantastic. See below.


Hmm...what DON'T I love about this room?

Wallpaper looks great on the back of bookshelves too, but it can be a pricier proposition when you have to buy it by the double roll. Ebay can be a good source for bargain wallcoverings and tends to have some nice vintage options, but often you have to wade through a sea of Little Mermaid and Nascar patterns to find them.

Photo via Room Envy

Photo from Lovely Design

Photo from Country Living

Decorative paper is a another solution for a pop of pattern. I recently lined the back of a metal institutional cabinet in our dining area that serves as a bar and china storage with some paper from Paper Mojo. Will have to remember to post a pic, but in the meantime, here are a couple of my current Paper Mojo faves:

Asian Lattice


Snow & Graham Designer Prints, Collection 2

Have a fun paint or wallpaper project? I'd love to see it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the one from Country Living! Great idea and I have a bookcase in my kitchen that would look great with that. You have so many good ideas!

    ReplyDelete